TerrAquat GmbH was founded in 2014 as a spin-off of TerrAquat Consultants. TerrAquat GmbH complements the Consultancy focussing on services, especially product design and measurement technology.
To conduct product development for substrates we offer to you:
- Definition of features of the product based on the favoured effect of the product
- Soil chemical and soil physical characterisation of the products
- Toxicological characterisation of the products
- Plant experiments to verify the desired effects:
- Germination tests
- Pot trials
- Soil column experiments
- Conceptual design and instrumentation of field experiments
We plan and design your experiments and analyses with the aim to get a reliable product evaluation related to the characteristics under study. Hereby, you profit by our 15-year experience within TerrAquat Consultants:
- Conceptual design and realisation of field experiments at the interface of agriculture - soil - ground water (e.g. Publication on "Effects of N Fertilisation Strategy and Fixed Ploughing Date on Nitrate Leaching on Field Vegetable Cultivation")
- Measurement and evaluation of N leaching in several field experiments testing different fertilisers
- Pot, soil column, and field experiments in field vegetable cultivation
- Germination tests, pot, soil column and field experiments in product development using biochar in soil melioration
Furthermore, we offer to provide you with pedological and hydrological measurement devices. We discuss the measurement concept intensely with you to adapt the instrumentation according to your demands. We focus on two methods that have been developed by us:
- The Self-Integrating Accumulators (SIA) measure fluxes of solutants in the soil and are e.g. suitable to quantify nutrient losses with the seepage water.
- The NITROM is suitable to measure the nitrate concentration in the soil solution directly online and with a high frequency.